It can be fun to get together with friends and chat about things, even other people, but crossing the line to gossiping can be dangerous. – Sandra
GOSSIPING CAN MEAN A FEW THINGS:
- Feeling envious or jealous of someone, and trying to feel better about oneself by putting the other person down.
- Trying to feel more popular, using gossip as a way to gather more people around them.
- Angry with someone, but instead of handling the hurt feelings directly with that person, venting those feelings publicly.
- Seeing something in the behavior of that other person that one believes is wrong and is trying to force that person to change by alerting everyone else.
Have you considered sharing with your teen, your feelings and concerns about gossiping in general, and creating a discussion?
She is doing what she is doing for a reason. However, she may not understand why she is doing it and your conversation could be a safe place where she can explore her feelings. Together, you could discover better options for handling these situations besides gossiping.
If your teen or young adult child is struggling socially or emotionally, I can help you to discover the cause and remedy it.
Menu of Services Offered:
- Free Initial Consultation >
- Effective Parenting Classes >
- Adolescent Counseling 11-18 >
- Social Skills Assessment & Coaching >
- Young Adult Life Skills Coaching 19-24 >
Call Now to Schedule a Free Consultation!
Click to Call:
For more information, please visit my website:
Providing service for: Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Beverly Hills, Beverly Glen, Culver City, Brentwood, Westwood, Marina Del Rey, Mar Vista, Encino, Sherman Oaks, Topanga Beach and Topanga Canyon, Ocean Park, Hancock Park, West Hollywood.