A Note From The Santa Monica Teen & Family Therapist
It’s not uncommon for teenage girls to pick on others who stand out from the crowd. Read on for tips on how to support your daughter in dealing with jealous girls. – Sandra
“I’m a cheerleader and all of my friends act mad at me because I can do cool tricks and flips. They think I’m showing off, but I’m really not like that at all. What do I do now??”
What you are describing is something called envy. Sometimes, when you have something that someone else wants, they try to take it away from you by putting it down. This is one of the main reasons that gossip magazines are so popular. Everyone wants to hear the dirt on the stars who appear to be living the “dream life”.
YOUR HAVE CHOICES
- You can just keep doing what you are doing, knowing that you will just have to put up with other girls acting envious.
- You can stop doing all your cool tricks and anything else that makes you stand out.
- You can share what you have by helping those who are interested learn to do some cool tricks of their own.
I recommend sharing as a way to build a bridge between you and those who wish they had what you have. Of course, there may still be some who won’t accept your gift, but a number of people will realize what a really nice person and real friend you are.
To have good friends you first need to be a good friend. Good friends share what they have. Good friends stick up for each other. Good friends are kind to each other. Good friends encourage each other to be the best they can be.
If your teen or young adult child is struggling socially or emotionally, I can help you to discover the cause and remedy it.
Menu of Services Offered:
- Free Initial Consultation >
- Effective Parenting Classes >
- Adolescent Counseling 11-18 >
- Social Skills Assessment & Coaching >
- Young Adult Life Skills Coaching 19-24 >
Call Now to Schedule a Free Consultation!
Click to Call:
For more information, please visit my website:
Adolescent Therapist|Parent Coach|Teen Mentor
Providing service for: Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Beverly Hills, Beverly Glen, Culver City, Brentwood, Westwood, Marina Del Rey, Mar Vista, Encino, Sherman Oaks, Topanga Beach and Topanga Canyon, Ocean Park, Hancock Park, West Hollywood.